A epic blog documenting my epic journey to achieve my epic dream job, systems administrator. Well at least thats plan A, plan B is simply writing about what ever has my attention at the moment.

8/20/08

Linux, my "anti-drug"

So while I was shopping with my Mom earlier today for some groceries I decided to buy a cheap USB drive while I was there. I have now spent the rest of the day loading various distros on it. My first attemt was with Fedora 9 since they had a easy GUI for creating the USB. Sadly though just as I was getting used to everything my USB drive froze, and subsecuently currupted some key file or other. Next stop was Damn Small Linux, really though it jsut not fit my needs. In other words I need something which looks a little better then MS98.

I am now going through the Pendrivelinux guide for getting Kubuntu 8.04 on my drive. I must say its very exiting, in the past 10 hours I have easy dopubled my knowledge of the Termal. Anyway I bets get back to my Termal session.

PS: Me in a few days?:


No comments: